skip to Main Content

Chinese – a difficult language? Not for you! Our professional translators have prepared a list of phrases that you’ll find useful in a range of situations when in China. You don’t have to look for the dictionary: every phrase you need is listed below.

Greetings, Introductions & At the Bank

Greetings & Introductions

  • Good morning = 早上好
  • Good afternoon= 下午好
  • Good evening = 晚上好
  • Good night= 晚安
  • Welcome= 欢迎
  • Good bye= 再见
  • My name is… = 我的名字叫……
  • I work for… = 我在……工作
  • I represent the company… = 我代表……公司
  • Pleased to meet you = 很高兴和您会面
  • May I introduce you to…? = 我能给您介绍……吗?
  • May I introduce my boss/colleague? = 我能给您介绍我的老板/同事吗?
  • How are you?= 您好吗?
  • I am very well, thank you= 我很好,谢谢。
  • Can I help you? = 我能帮您吗?
  • Thank you for agreeing to meet with me= 谢谢您同意与我会面
  • Please come in.= 请进。
  • Please be seated= 请坐
  • Would you like some coffee/tea/soda?= 您要来一点咖啡/茶/苏打水吗?
  • Excuse me.= 对不起。
  • Thank you= 谢谢
  • Thank you for your help/invitation/hospitality= 谢谢您的帮助/邀请/款待
  • I am sorry= 很抱歉
  • Have a safe trip!= 一路平安!
  • Congratulations!= 恭喜!
  • I wish you good luck!= 祝您好运!
  • Am I disturbing you?= 打扰吗?
  • Could you do me a favour?= 您能帮我一个忙吗?
  • May I smoke? / Do you mind if I smoke?= 我可以抽烟吗?/您介意我抽烟吗?
  • No, I don’t mind.= 不,我不介意。
  • You’re welcome= 不客气
  • Will you be so kind as to spare me a few minutes?= 我可以占用您几分钟的时间吗?
  • Let me express my condoleances=请允许我表达我的哀悼。

At the bank

  • deposit bank =存款银行
  • savings bank = 储蓄银行
  • mortgage bank = 抵押银行
  • investment bank = 投资银行
  • issuing house = 证券发行公司
  • account = 帐户
  • subsidiary account =明细分类账户
  • management account = 管理帐户
  • trading account = 贸易帐户
  • purchase account =购料帐
  • loan account = 贷款帐户
  • sales account = 销货帐
  • capital account = 固定资产帐户
  • joint account = 联合帐户
  • running account = 往来帐户
  • imprest account =周转金账户
  • overdue account =逾期帐款
  • statements of account = 对帐单
  • The company has decided upon the withdrawal of bank deposits. = 公司已经决定提取银行存款。
  • We’d like to discuss with one of the bank clerks. =我们想找个银行办事人员谈一下。
  • flat commission = 定额佣金
  • handling commission = 操作佣金
  • interest = 利息
  • We’d like to send out a cheque =我们想发放一张支票。
  • I will write you a cheque = 我会给你写一张支票。
  • This is an uncovered cheque. = 这是一张未抵押的支票。
  • We must borrow money from a bank. = 我们必须向银行借款。
  • We need information on the lending limit. = 我们想了解一下借款限额的情况。
  • Can we renew out credit? = 我们可以续办信用卡吗?
  • Can we extend the credit? = 我们可以提升信用额度吗?
  • The bank issued a loan. = 银行发放了贷款。
  • We’re thinking of investing the money. = 我们正在考虑投资。
  • share = 股票
  • profit = 利润
  • revenue =税收

Business & Insurance

Business

  • corporate name = 公司名称
  • the articles of association = 公司执照
  • the articles of partnership = 合伙契约
  • the by-laws = 章程
  • subsidiary = 子公司
  • branch = 分部
  • Limited liability CO = 有限责任公司
  • Open end investment CO = 开放式投资公司
  • Close end investment CO = 封闭式投资公司
  • manager, managing director, assistant manager, department lead, personnel manager, sales manager. = 经理,总经理,助理经理,部门主管,人事经理,销售经理
  • finance department, legal department, accounting department = 财务部,法律部,会计部

Insurance

  • life insurance = 人寿保险
  • household insurance = 家庭保险
  • public liability insurance = 公共责任险
  • theft insurance = 盗窃保险
  • fire insurance = 火灾保险
  • health insurance = 健康保险
  • car insurance = 汽车保险
  • social insurance = 社会保险
  • unemployment insurance = 失业保险
  • I’d like more information on life insurance policies.=我想知道更多有关人寿保险单的情况。
  • Can I speak to an insurance broker? = 我可以找个保险经纪人谈谈吗?

On the Phone & Correspondence

On the phone

  • May I please speak to Mr…/Mrs…?= 请问……先生/女士在吗?
  • I’ll put you through= 我帮您接过去
  • One moment, please.= 请等一下。
  • I’m sorry, he / she is in a meeting.= 很抱歉,他/她正在开会。
  • Can I take a message? = 您能帮我带个话吗?
  • Would you like to leave a message? = 您有什么要我转达的吗?
  • Can you call back? = 您待会儿再打过来行吗?
  • Yes, I will call back. = 好的,我待会儿再打过来。
  • Can you give me your name and phone number please? = 请问您的姓名和电话号码?
  • Can you give him / her my number please? =您可以告诉他/她我的电话号码吗?
  • My name is … and the number is… = 我的名字是……,电话号码是……。
  • I’ll call back later / tomorrow. = 我待会儿/明天再打过来。
  • Please reverse the charge. = 请接听方付费。
  • We were cut off. = 通话被切断了。
  • Please hold the line.= 请不要挂机。
  • Give me extension 111.= 请接111分机。
  • Local call = 本地电话。
  • Long distance call = 长途电话。
  • International call= 国际长途电话。

Correspondence

  • folder = 文件夹
  • draft = 草稿
  • Please return this document / file after examination. = 请审阅这份公文/文件,并将其交还。
  • Please keep me updated. = 请及时通知我。
  • Please sign this document. = 请签署这份公文。
  • Please read this report through. = 请通篇阅读这份报告。
  • This document is for your approval. = 这份公文有待您批准。
  • Please send the files / the documents per post office order.= 请通过邮局寄送这份文件/公文。
  • Registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt = 带回执的挂号信
  • Please send as against payment / free of charge = 请用件到付款/免费发送。
  • Thank you in advance =谨致谢意
  • Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to your e-mail / letter. = 这么久才回复您的电子邮件/信件,请接受我们的歉意。
  • We recently wrote you about… = 我们最近致信给您关于……
  • Thank you for your quick response to my e-mail /letter. = 感谢您的快捷回复/回信。
  • I’m looking forward to your reply.= 期盼您的回复。
  • I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter. = 如能对此事立即予以关注,我将不胜感激。

Travelling & Shopping

Travelling by Plane & Car

  • When does the first plane for… leave?= 第一班到……的航班什么时候起飞?
  • When do I have to be at the airport?= 我什么时候必须到机场?
  • Where is the check-in please?= 办理登机手续的柜台在哪里?
  • Our flight has a … minute delay.= 我们的航班延误了……分钟。
  • I’d like to reserve a seat for tomorrow.=我想预定明天的一个座位。
  • Is this a direct flight?= 这是直航的吗?
  • Where is the luggage claim, please?= 请问行李领取处在哪儿?
  • Where is the nearest petrol station?= 离这里最近的加油站在哪儿?
  • Fill in the tank, please!= 请把油箱加满!
  • Can you please change the oil?= 请问您能换油吗?
  • Can you tow me to a garage?= 您能帮我拖到修车行吗?
  • Here is my driver’s licence.= 这是我的驾驶执照。
  • Can I see your car registration papers, please?=我可以看一下您的机动车注册登记吗?
  • Can you please call an ambulance?= 请问您能叫一辆救护车吗?

Shopping & Prices

  • market = 市场
  • Our products meet with a ready sale. =我们的产品很畅销。
  • Please check our new catalogue for more information = 请查看我们的新目录。
  • We are just sending our order. = 我们正好在发送订单。
  • The company is withdrawing all the faded goods. = 公司正在回收所有的淘汰商品。
  • We are closely watching the delivery of goods. = 我们正在密切关注商品的交付。
  • The products can be delivered at residence. = 可以送货上门。
  • Orders bigger than … are delivered at residence. = 超过……的订单,可以送货上门。
  • Our products can be bought at competitive prices / at bargain price. = 我们的产品价格很有竞争力/很便宜。
  • We now sell at cut prices. =我们现在大减价。
  • Can we buy in installments? = 我们可以分期付款吗?
  • Please pay your installment.= 请支付您的分期付款。
  • We would like to pay cash. = 我们想用现金支付。

Airport Security

Airport Security

  • Can I see your passport, please? = 请让我看您的护照。
  • Here is my passport.= 这是我的护照。
  • I’ve lost my passport.= 我的护照丢了。
  • Do I need a visa?= 我需要签证吗?
  • Which one is your luggage?= 哪个是您的行李?
  • You will need a customs declaration / entry= 您需要海关申报单/进口报关
  • Customs duties = 关税
  • You have to pay customs.= 您需要付关税。
  • Do I have to pay customs for these objects? = 这些东西要付关税吗?
  • You need a customs permit.= 您需要有海关许可证。