Who are we?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Lingo24 Limited and all its wholly owned subsidiaries. Our company is registered in Scotland with the registration number is SC222407 and registered office is 18 Torphichen Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8JB, Scotland.
Whilst our headquarters is in the United Kingdom, we operate and have offices all over the world, with the following subsidiary companies:
- Panama – Lingo24 Inc
- Romania – Lingo24 Srl
- Philippines – Lingo24 PH Inc
How do we collect data?
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly – when you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for our ordering portal, you download marketing material, submit a job application, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically – We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
Information you generate – When you use our services, our linguists or your in-market reviewers, also generate data, including:
- Translation memory – containing previous translations conducted on your behalf that either a) Lingo24 has performed or b) you provide for use at on-boarding or as part on on-going synchronisation. This also contains metadata on who did what.
- Glossary entries – containing approved or rejected terms that should or should not be used within your translations.
- Performance metrics – such as the throughput of translation, editing distance of review changes, and time spent on content.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests in processing the personal data and these are not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
Cookies and our use of them
Cookies are small files saved to the hard drive of the user’s computer in order to track, save and store information about the user’s interactions with and usage of the website. This allows the website to provide the user, through its server, with a tailored experience within this website.
The website does not set its own cookies but we do use the following third-party cookies to enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our websites and services:
- Facebook (Analytics) – we use Facebook as a medium to talk to customers and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- LinkedIn(Analytics) – we use LinkedIn as a medium to talk to customers and to measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- DoubleClick (Analytics) – we use DoubleClick to help manage our digital marketing activities
- GetResponse (Analytics and Marketing) – we use GetResponse as a marketing automation platform so we can personalise your experience with us
- Embedly (Analytics and Marketing) – we use Embedly to support social sharing of content and engagement tracking
What do we use it for?
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, such as to:
Communicating with you – including:
- Providing you with information you’ve requested from us like case studies or information we are required to send to you
- Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- Marketing communications (about Lingo24 or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
Providing support to you – including:
- Assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services raised through our Service Desk
- Providing assistance to queries or concerns raised on our website chat system
Enhancing and develop our services – including:
- Tracking and monitoring your use of our websites and services so we can understand how you use our services
- Carrying out analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools
Marketing to you – including:
- Sending you relevant marketing communications
- Display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms
International data transfers
Whilst Lingo24 is based in the European Union (EU) and our servers and data are hosted there, Lingo24 is a truly global company.
With our policy of using in-country linguists to support the quality of translations and global hubs to support 24×7 delivery, we often perform data transfers outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) when these teams access our systems hosted in Europe.
We will only conduct these data transfers where the service provision and time-zone of the language of your request requires it to processed by a local third-party linguist or Lingo24 subsidiary hub.
Where we transfer personal data outside the EEA, we ensure the party has taken such measures as are necessary to ensure the transfer is in compliance with relevant data protection legislation.
The personal data we hold on you is your data. This means you are able to exercise certain rightswith regard to our processing of it.
You can ask us not to send you marketing communications at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or raise a Consent Withdrawal Request at http://security.lingo24.com
You also have other rights including to :
- Know what personal data we hold about you
- Request a copy of your personal data
- Ask us to restrict processing your personal data and/or delete it
You can exercise these rights at any time by raising a request at http://security.lingo24.com. We will review and investigate any request you make, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
This policy is subject to change without prior written notice.
Published 22nd May 2018