About the role
The Project Manager is responsible for managing client translation projects as part of our Project Management team. Working together with colleagues in other delivery hubs, they form part of our global 24×7 “follow the sun” structure.
The main objective of this role is to coordinate the day-to-day delivery of our translation services for their client(s) within their time-zone to meet our delivery and financial objectives, handing over to other colleagues where required.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, organise and coordinate internal and external resources to ensure successful, on-time and within-budget delivery of our projects in accordance with the client’s Account Plan, target margin and departmental KPIs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and translators to ensure we can proactively meet customer expectations as well as foster customer and translator satisfaction and loyalty.
- Act as an escalation point for team members working on client(s) where you are the lead for service delivery decisions, ensuring engagement with the wider account team for commercial decisions.
- Acting as the voice of Lingo24 service delivery, working with our internal teams, suppliers and clients to ensure issues or improvements are discussed, reviewed and addressed.
- Continuous prioritization of the projects for your client(s), ensuring the right focus is applied to their projects. This includes usage of the global team to deliver against the timescales.
- Proactive risk management of your projects, ensuring that risks are understood and where possible mitigated for, escalating as early as possible where appropriate.
- Proactive identification of process and services improvement to help both our teams and clients improve the cost-effectiveness, productivity and quality of processes.
- Lead the project management of Test Projects for new client prospects, to support the winning of new business and ensure we are set up for success.
- Coaching and mentoring of team members, and other junior colleagues, in the department to support their growth.
What we expect from you:
- English C1 level.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and face-to-face.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to empathise with others.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
Submit your CV now to apply for this role.