Lingo24 is a language translation, localization and technology business helping global brands including Adidas, Virgin, Trainline, Global Eagle, WPP, Photobox and Schneider Electric grow internationally.
Lingo24 is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join the development team on our award winning translation platform. Technology underpins everything we do at Lingo24 and is key to our ability to meet customer needs and expectations as we continue to grow.
We believe that a strong, innovative technology platform and service offering is a key differentiator within the translation market, and we focus on using a mix of Automation and AI to scale translation delivery.
The Engineering Department at Lingo24 is responsible for the development of our bespoke translation platform used by our customers, translators and employees. This platform is used to deliver global content for some of the world’s leading brands.
We have a high performing technology team, and it is the ideal place to work on a modern technology stack built using good practices including automated testing, continuous integration and dev-ops.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to:
- Delivery of quality code using agile and test driven development methodologies;
- Turn functional and non-functional requirements into well structured software;
- Participate in requirements review sessions (“Three Amigos”) with analysts and QA Engineers;
- Assess the impact of changes on our systems and infrastructure;
- Develop complex database queries, views, triggers and functions;
- Conduct code reviews and participate in pair programming sessions;
- Provide technical and support documentation.
We would expect you to have:
- Computer Science degree, Software Engineering degree, or evidence of equivalent industry experience;
- 4+ years in-depth Java development experience;
- Experience working with development tools and frameworks (Maven, Spring, JUnit, Jenkins);
- Experience working with web services (REST, SOAP);
- Experience working with databases, both relational (e.g PostgreSQL) and non-relational (e.g. MongoDB);
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Preferable hands on experience of Puppet and Docker;
Preferable hands on experience of Kubernetes.
- An excellent communicator; disciplined, persistent, organised, proactive and capable of bringing in results without being pushy
- Self-starter; capable of working independently without day-to-day supervision, confident in their own decision making
- Positive and optimistic
- Receptive to feedback; eager to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an ambassador for technology within the wider company.
Submit your CV now to apply for this role.