The translation and localization industry is fast paced and the technology that’s driving it has reached a tipping point. AI, automation and machine learning are revolutionising how some of the biggest global brands localize huge volumes of content across multiple languages, markets and channels – fast.
At Lingo24 we combine the creativity of our global teams with our AI-powered platform to help clients like Adidas, Virgin, TNT, Patagonia, Trainline, Schneider Electric and Eventbrite to deliver great customer experiences, get to market faster and drive their international growth.
Lingo24 is headquartered in Edinburgh, with offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
About the role
Lingo24 is looking for a QA Engineer to join the technology team on our award winning translation platform. Technology underpins everything we do at Lingo24 and is key to our ability to meet customer needs and expectations as we continue to grow.
We believe that a strong, innovative technology platform and service offering is a key differentiator within the translation market, and we focus on using a mix of Automation and AI to scale translation delivery.
The Engineering team at Lingo24 is responsible for the development of our bespoke translation platform used by our customers, translators and employees. This platform is used to deliver global content for some of the world’s leading brands including Adidas, Virgin, Global Eagle, WPP, Patagonia, Eventbrite and Schneider Electric.
We have a high performing technology team, and it is the ideal place to work on a modern technology stack built using good practices including automated testing, continuous integration and DevOps.
The QA Engineer will be working within the Technology Department, verifying that software products operate as designed. In this role, you will provide technical expertise in testing and product knowledge, offer accurate estimates and reports of test progress, you will write Test Procedures, Test Plans and Test Automation Scripts.
What will your first year look like?
As part of the role you will:
- Tests software releases during the Application Development Process
- Reports test results and enters problems and issues in Jira
- Monitors and updates bug reports as needed including bug report closure
- Writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures
- Participates in 3 Amigos, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings as per the Application Development Process
- Completes assigned test-related tasks
- Creates automation scripts and develops the Lingo24 test automation framework
As part of the role you will:
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Digital Marketing Executive to deliver campaigns and events with clear KPIs
- Create compelling copy to help build the Lingo24 brand and support the new business lead generation targets
- Research and develop engaging copy for email, web pages, landing pages, social media, events, blogs, newsletters and more
- Manage the content calendar to ensure content is delivered on time and up to date across various channels
- Own and manage the Lingo24 social media channels, including research ideas, creating and sharing posts
- Support the delivery of Lingo24’s event programme
- Conduct research for potential content campaign ideas
- Proofread and edit content from across wider business
- Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Provides technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized environments
- Assists in review of test processes as they are developed
What we expect from you
- Knowledge of the ftp, http, ssh, imap, pop3, smtp protocols
- Previous use of a Linux based operating system
- Previous use of Selenium software or similar testing software
- Medium to advanced use of an Office suite
- Technical studies (desirable)
- Demonstrable problem solving skills in a time-critical, technology led environment
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse a problem and complete detailed reports
- Able to methodically produce the steps which exhibit bugs in the product and be able to reproduce and communicate these steps
- Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to testing of company products
- Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing
- Able to adapt to the changing needs of a project and to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and the defect reporting process
Key skills and requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to synthesise, précis and communicate complex information for a business audience
- Experience in content writing – client stories, blogs, campaign emails, newsletter articles
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with best practices in SEO and email marketing
- Experience of using marketing tools (e.g. Hubspot, WordPress, Yoast etc.)
- Self starter who can work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field
- Background in the technology sector or journalism would be a distinct advantage
- The role will require working regularly from the Edinburgh office (when we return to that environment)
Submit your CV now to apply for this role.