About the role
The Head of DTP is responsible for leading and evolving Lingo24’s content related services, to provide first-class multilingual DTP related services. The role will include both client facing responsibilities along with supporting and mentoring the other team member in leading their own assigned clients.
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of Lingo24’s DTP related services.
- Structure, lead and mentor the DTP team to develop a robust customer focused function that acts as a profit center of the business and enables our global content service offerings.
- Act as a strategic advisor to internal and external customers on DTP localisation approaches, ensuring the team can provide guidance and documentation on DTP localisation best practices.
- Oversight of the ongoing creation of client workflow documentation and ensuring continuous improvements in efficiency of workflows.
- Providing regular status reports to the Head of Technical Operations on the volumes of work, revenue, costs within the department along with any current risk and issues within the team.
- Structure, lead and grow the DTP team to deliver the revenue target within the assigned cost profile.
- Proactive identification of process and service improvements to help our clients enhance the cost-effectiveness, productivity and quality of their DTP and content related processes.
- Capacity planning and management for the DTP team, ensuring appropriate work allocation across team members and turn around within the team across the Lingo24 team and the external DTP subcontractors.
- Drive continued automation work to further increase the business’ ability to scale it’s DTP offering, thus solving common DTP issues.
- Development of new content creation service lines to increase Lingo24’s market offerings within the Global Content Creation space.
We would expect you to be:
- Experienced in Project Management (preferably minimum 3 years experience), in coordinating project teams and also in dealing with various stakeholders;
- A proficient English user – both written and spoken (C1 level or above);
- A thorough and structured individual who can use project management tools: Gantt, Microsoft Project or similar;
- Skilled computer user (MS Office, Email, MS Project);
- A confident decision maker, in both the clients’ and the company’s best interest;
- Great communication skills – able to lead client conversations in a constructive manner, take on feedback and turn it into actionable goals for your team and colleagues;
- Committed to continuously learn, experiment and develop yourself.
What we expect from you:
In this role, you will get the opportunity to:
- Provide consultancy to our customers on the service suite and help them find the best solution for their translation and localization needs;
- Plan, organise and coordinate internal and external resources to ensure successful delivery of our projects;
- Identify, structure and communicate risks to support customers with their more technical requirements;
- Clearly define and communicate objectives, roles and responsibilities to all resources involved;
- Work with our developers and provide internal feedback and insight on our workflows and technology tools in order to improve on the quality, efficiency and usability of these tools.
- Demonstrable experience as a manager of both DTP projects and DTP team members.
- Experience of working in a key client facing role.
- Excellent Business English skills (English C2).
- Must-have technical skills: InDesign, Photoshop, XML, Office Formats (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher).
- Nice to have technical skills: Framemaker, Structured authoring tool (e.g Arbotext, Apache Fop or alternative), XLIFF.
- Knowledge of translation technology components and experience with one or more products in each:
- Translation Management System
- Computer Assisted Translation Tool
- Translation Memory
- Machine Translation
- Experience of composing the workflow and integration for at least two significant translation projects where DTP work was required.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment;
- Strong demonstrable problem solving skills in a time-critical, technology led environment.
Submit your CV now to apply for this role.